Communicate of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of 6 March 2023 on the approval by the European Commission of changes to the Rural Development Programme for 2014-2020
On 21 February 2023, the European Commission adopted Implementing Decision C(2023) 1374 approving the amendment of the Rural Development Programme for Poland for support under the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and amending Implementing Decision C(2014) 9783.
The main objective of the Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020 is to improve the competitiveness of agriculture, sustainable management of natural resources and climate action and balanced territorial development of rural areas.
The programme will implement all six priorities set for the EU rural development policy 2014 – 2020, namely:
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas.
- To improve the competitiveness of all types of farming and increase farm profitability.
- To improve food chain organisation and promote risk management in agriculture.
- Restoring, protecting and enhancing ecosystems dependent on agriculture and forestry.
- Supporting resource efficiency and the transition to a low-carbon and climate-resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors.
- Enhance social inclusion, reduce poverty and promote economic development in rural areas.